Thursday, January 21, 2010

Peter Gabriel has a covers album coming out. And it sucks.

Please sir, swallow your pride and rejoin Genesis (or start writing some damn music) because this is just awful and I don't know if I can listen to Scratch My Back enough to change my mind despite how many great songs are on there.

Seriously, check out this tracklist:

01. Heroes (David Bowie)
02. The Boy in the Bubble (Paul Simon)
03. Mirrorball (Elbow)
04. Flume (Bon Iver)
05. Listening Wind (Talking Heads)
06. The Power of the Heart (Lou Reed)
07. My Body is a Cage (Arcade Fire)
08. The Book of Love (The Magnetic Fields)
09. I Think it’s Going to Rain Today (Randy Newman)
10. Apres Moi (Regina Spektor)
11. Philadelphia (Neil Young)
12. Street Spirit (Radiohead)

This thing should rule but, well, it bores the hell out of me and Peter Gabriel is way better than that. Boring is a word that has never applied.

Here, see for yourself: RS

For the record, Scratch My Back will be out on January 25.

Posted via email from Stephen Feller

No comments:

Post a Comment