Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heems of Das Racist drops new album

It seems that Heems, of Brooklyn hip hop visionaries* Das Racist, wants everybody to have a new album today, so he’s giving away a new one, called Nehru Jackets, for free.

According to the email I just got, the album/mixtape includes members of the Queens, NY, community organization SEVA which is working to raise awareness of redistricting efforts in the borough. Also included on the tape are Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire, Action Bronson, and Childish Gambino, all of whom were branded underground hip hop heroes via 2011 year-end lists.

Grab the mixtape here. I haven’t listened to it yet, or even downloaded it, but I’m sure it’s no waste of time...

But wait, here's a track from the tape: "You Have to Ride The Wave” (ft. Danny Brown and Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire)"



*I’m calling them visionaries because Relax got a lot of spins in my world. There’s a pretty good chance it’ll be on that slow-to-appear Top 11 of ‘11 I’ve been posting, but you never know...

Posted via email from One Stupid Mop

No comments:

Post a Comment