Monday, August 3, 2009

Hey record, where are you?

Since intentionally erasing the contents of my iPod a few weeks ago, I've been looking for all sorts of stuff to load back on that I haven't heard in months or years to complement the standards that never, ever drop off.

This morning, as I filled a sudden craving for The Clash and Pink Noise Test, it dawned on me that the growing pile of discs that I haven't refiled will be a bitch and a half to find later. To be honest, I haven't properly refiled a CD since we moved into the house in April. And it's been a bitch and a half to find anything as a result.

I'm torn though as to weather I should satisfy what used to be one of my greatest and most zen urges in life - looking through and endlessly "organizing" my record collection.

I don't even use the actual discs half the time, nor have I bought a new physical disc in... oh man, I don't even know how long.

The fact that I've even thought of this makes me think the desire to do it is enough of a reason. The more I think about it, though, the more I think it's a waste of time. Hell, part of me knows I'm holding onto the physical discs at least partway for nostalgia anyway. (I think I just aged 10 years with that one sentence. Now I'm gonna hop back in the minivan and get back to work. Ugh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment