Sunday, August 29, 2010

Do you have a large collection of music? I do. But in 2010, anybody can have one for only $9.95 a month.

Joe Shockley and I were just discussing each of our personal obsessions with searching for, finding and (on some level) collecting great records. Although the few thousand CDs and tens of thousands of mp3s I've got don't matter at this point as the transition to stuff-in-the-cloud and endless subscription services marches on, there is something to be said about obtaining as much music as possible and basking in its sounds, and artwork, and endless lists of scenester thank yous...

Showing off a playlist just isn't the same as smirking while a friend calls you a crazy douche for having endless racks of CDs and records. I'm proud to have been one of those douches and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Posted via email from Stephen Feller

No comments:

Post a Comment