Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In light of my "I-Heart-Journalism" post last night, I remembered something from Politico a few days ago...

I'm not nearly as bothered by the whole Journolist debacle as some people (mostly on the right) are. Journalists have opinions, and they often discuss them. And their opinions tend to be all over the map despite what you've heard.

Aside from that, this somewhat personal piece from Politico captures just how pompous some people who have chosen reporting/journalism as a career can be about it. Plus, they drill this kind of thing into us in college.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40308.html

There are all kinds of journalists, covering all sorts of subjects. Most of us have this much pride in our work.

That's all. I'll try not to make this an ongoing series, so don't expect a part three...

Posted via email from Stephen Feller

No comments:

Post a Comment