Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not clever.

It's been two days since the last post. I contemplated waiting until tomorrow so I could quote something from Jane's Addiction's "Three Days," but I have no idea what that quote would have been or why I would do it.

Check out the two new Flaming Lips tracks on this post over at Covert Curiosity.

Based on "Silver Trembling Hands" and "Convinced of the Hex," it sounds like the Lips have shifted their sound again. These two sound a bit like psychedelic film theme songs. Not sure where the film part came from, it just popped into my head and hasn't left; though I'm sure the psychedelic part can't be debated. And while the tracks aren't great, they are good. Which certainly bodes well for the rest of the album.

Oh, and the Modest Mouse ep leaked. Go find it. I already have.

(Jane's via Visions and Revisions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment