Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Death From Above 1979 - Blood On Our Hands

Blood On Our Hands by Death From Above 1979 Listen on Posterous

For the last 24 hours, my Windows laptop has been uploading about 760 mp3s (about 4.2 gigabytes) to my Amazon Cloud Locker. Since I've been playing around with it, and did a very fast review of what was actually hitting the cloud, I ended up listening to very little new music today. 

(OK, the truth is I've been listening to the new TV On The Radio album all day, but I'm not ready to write anything about it yet, so just go with me on this. The album is stunningly mind blowing and on level with much of their greatest efforts. But really, I need to listen to it more before I pontificate.)

The one full length Death From Above 1979 put out, You're A Woman, I'm A Machine, is a mind bender, and an automatic add to any iPod, cell phone or cloud service that I'm filling with music.

So what has me posting about DFA1979 is that while I thoroughly enjoyed that album while working on community news about traffic calming devices and city bus routes was the riot that happened outside their set at South-By-Southwest, wherein the band played and people freaked the hell out. After the earth-shattering news that they were getting back together for a few big shows though, who could be surprised?

Enjoy the rock and roll. Buy this album is you don't already have it. For real, you need it. Now. Then you'll understand why, like me, you'd riot for these Sebastien and Jesse too.

Buy You're a Woman, I'm a Machine from Shockhound.

Posted via email from One Stupid Mop

No comments:

Post a Comment