Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thanks for the great marketing.

The real problem with great classic rock being used in commercials is that when I'm forced to listen to the radio, and my option is classic rock or Bubba the goddamn Love Sponge, I feel like Demolition Man the 1st time he gets in a car...





Big106 - the classic rock station in South Florida - went from Pat Benetar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot," which is in several commercials, to Led Zeppelin's "Rock n Roll," Cadillac's former comeback theme. My fear was that "Start Me Up" would come on next and all I'd be able to think about is Microsoft.

At least they're good songs.

Can somebody explain to me why I'm hearing two or three songs off the first Bush album every day? (I'm talking to you 93Rock.) Yes, it was a good album for a while. But seriously, did these people stop listening to new bands before the turn of the century? Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment